The completely re-designed Diigo toolbar now offers a more intuitive user interface for beginners and lots more power features for advanced power users as well. We hope we’ve struck a nice balance for all. And of course, don’t forget to check out the new awesome sidebar within the new toolbar (more tips to come soon.)
Before we begin, please make sure you’ve installed the latest toolbar from the Diigo toolbar download page… Although our system should auto-update if you have previously installed an earlier version of the diigo toolbar, you can double check whether you have the latest one by looking up your toolbar version # (in toolbar: Diigo >> Help >> About) against the version number on the main Diigo toolbar download page.
Note: a few users have reported sign-in problem. Most likely it’s due to the fact that somehow your system prevents a proper auto-update. If that’s the case, we’d recommend that you re-install the latest toolbar. You should be in good shape after the re-install. If not, please let us know.
Now, the Diigo button: with the right pull down menu, the new Diigo button allows you to easily access all important areas of Diigo. Here are few changes from the previous version:
- This replaces the earlier version of the Diigo button that carried out dynamic functions. Each function now has its own button for a more intuitive user experience. We will elaborate more on each of the functions in other tips in this series.
- Once the Diigo toolbar is installed, much of the functions can also be conveniently accessed through the context menu (also known as the right-click menu). The context (right-click) menu is also more streamlined compared with the previous version:
- When you’re ready to bookmark a page, right-click, and you will see “Bookmark this page” to Diigo.
- If you select a block of text then right-click, you will then see “Highlight” and “Highlight and Bookmark“
- Of course, don’t forget about the sometimes overlooked, but very, very useful diigo “Content Selection Menu” – which we will cover in a separate tip in this series.