Repost: Allowing Diigo to Play Nice with delicious
By Michael Richards, Technology Integrator, Mildred L. Day School, Arundel, Main
(Thanks, Michael for writing and sharing this handout!)
1. Install the Diigo Toolbar
2. Restart your browser
3. Login to your diigo account on the toolbar
4. Go to your Options button on your toolbar
5. Click “Set-up >>” to validate your del.icio.us account with diigo
Fill in the necessary information and click the “Validate account” link. Make sure you click “Save”
6. You’re ready to rock n’ roll. When your bookmark a site with diigo, it will send a copy (with tags) to your del.icio.us account
(For Twitter users, you can also twitter your online discovery! Find out more here)
7. Final result in diigo
8. Final result in del.icio.us
Also check out this video by PalmBreezeCAFE (School District of Palm Beach County) where Lee Kolbert and Lee Keller explain how to use Diigo’s crossing posting feature and much more.
This simultaneous cross-posting feature serves dual purposes:
- It allows you to easily keep up with your de.licio.us network while taking advantage of all the powerful features diigo has to offer.
- It acts as a great online “backup” system.
“Double cloud coverage” ~ now, that’s a good thing 🙂