Repost: Allowing Diigo to Play Nice with delicious
By Michael Richards, Technology Integrator, Mildred L. Day School, Arundel, Main
(Thanks, Michael for writing and sharing this handout!)
1. Install the Diigo Toolbar
2. Restart your browser
3. Login to your diigo account on the toolbar
4. Go to your Options button on your toolbar
5. Click “Set-up >>” to validate your del.icio.us account with diigo
Fill in the necessary information and click the “Validate account” link. Make sure you click “Save”
6. You’re ready to rock n’ roll. When your bookmark a site with diigo, it will send a copy (with tags) to your del.icio.us account
(For Twitter users, you can also twitter your online discovery! Find out more here)
7. Final result in diigo
8. Final result in del.icio.us
Also check out this video by PalmBreezeCAFE (School District of Palm Beach County) where Lee Kolbert and Lee Keller explain how to use Diigo’s crossing posting feature and much more.
This simultaneous cross-posting feature serves dual purposes:
- It allows you to easily keep up with your de.licio.us network while taking advantage of all the powerful features diigo has to offer.
- It acts as a great online “backup” system.
“Double cloud coverage” ~ now, that’s a good thing 🙂
5 thoughts on “Tip of the day: Use Diigo + Del.icio.us Simultaneously”
Thanks for the PalmBreezeCAFE “shout-out.” It’s nice to see people are enjoying the show. One of the reasons I do this is that I started using Delicious and developed a network of followers and those I am following. Then I started using Diigo, which has more features than Delicious. When you switch apps, it’s difficult to bring people with you. By cross-posting this way, you can maintain both easily with no effort at all. Now, I have two networks of people (although many overlap-which is fine with me) from whose bookmarks I can benefit.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I was having some issues with determining which service to use! Just made my decision that much easier!
Pretty usefull indeed, i’m using it to sync with delicious from very earlier time. But when will ping this be avalaible? since it’s a very good tool to spread it all over the web (identi.ca, twitter, plurk, facebook…)
including the brand new annotated link?