As Mozilla is gearing up to public release of Firefox 4, Diigo is proud to announce the release of three new Firefox 4 extensions, all ported from Diigo’s popular Chrome Apps. Joel Liu, product manager at Diigo Inc, commented: “Firefox 4 provides a significantly improved development platform, and much better user experience. We are thrilled to bring our popular apps onto this platform, getting ready for its public launch soon.“
Diigo’s new Firefox add-ons include:
All these three apps/extensions are designed to focus on a single-function to deliver the best-of-breed functionality, as well as fool-proof usability. Though still in beta, and not yet fully integrated with Diigo.com, they have already received rave reviews from both the press and users.
The Chrome versions of these apps were released three months ago and have already become some of the most popular and highest rated apps in Chrome Web Store, specifically,
- Quick Note is now #4 most popular Chrome app , #1 in productivity & utility (excluding Google’s own apps)
- Read Later Fast is now #9 most popular productivity and utility Chrome app
- Awesome Screenshot is now among top 10 rated, #25 most popular of all chrome extensions
Please go check out these brand new Firefox add-ons today:
If you like them, please show your support by giving them a big five-star rating , and tell your friends! Remember, you do not need to be Diigo users to enjoy these single-function apps!
Check out what some users say about “Quick Note”:
- This is the best app. I’ve been looking for a note app like it for quite some time. Nothing quite cut the cake – except this.
- Really useful! Especially when I’m doing research for a project.
- I love this app so much. I move notes from Windows to Linux to Android and to my CR-48. So simple and it just works.
- Awesome app, extremely useful, it the hub of all my notes, quickly accessible and saved to cloud
- Great simple quick note tool that can sync across mobile devices and web! highly recommended for organizing your life!
- Great way to take quick notes without having to open a word processor or some other program. My browser is always open and with 2 clicks I have a new tab and a note pad to type on! Wonderful for taking notes in meetings, capturing those spur of the moment ideas, etc.
- It’s great. I’m saving trees by using a whole of a lot less post-its.
- Awesome truly HTML 5 app. You guys are the benchmark for web apps. Great work folks!
- The best. Forget Snag-It
- Excellent. Capture and annotation in one fluid workflow. Huge timesaver.
- This is the best whole page screen capture extension, super mega bonus for annotation tools.
- I create a lot of web-based tutorials in my company. This is a great tool for doing that. Thanks for developing.
- Awesome. Just what I was looking for. Not too complicated, not to simple. Excellent options.
- This is incredible! Saves me so many steps…..and saves tons of time!
- I am computer illiterate, totally, just installed this add on, its “awesome”. its easy to use
- PC World: ““Falling under the “devastatingly useful but simple” category, Read Later Fast does exactly what its name suggests.”
- This is one of the best apps on Chrome. But not only can you save ANY page to read later, you can also view them offline! This is great when you need to view things and your internet is down. I have a Wikipedia page that I kept a few weeks ago and I can still view the whole article with all of the pictures!
- Great app and extremely useful. Helped me cut down on the 30 plus tabs I usually have open.
- One of the most useful apps for me. I used to keep tens of references to interesting web pages in tabs for months, so my tabs were cluttered. Not anymore.
- These diigo apps are amazing. Finally I can start reading on my work mac, pick it up at home on my pc and finish on my iPad.