As Diigo users know, Diigo has always strived to provide the best capability on the market for your bookmarking and annotation needs. One of the things that differentiate Diigo from other bookmarking services is that Diigo not only lets you save a link, Diigo enables you to save the page itself! This provides several significant benefits:
- Have a peace of mind that whatever you were interested in will always be there.
- You can have more powerful search capability since our internal search engine can index the page text itself, in addition to meta data like titles, tags, and annotations.
- You can cache multiple versions of the same page at different times to track the changes for purposes of competitive intelligence or whatever.
We are now releasing several improvements to the caching feature:
- The ability to view and add annotations on cached pages, so the same annotations will show up on both the cached pages and the original page.
- The ability to easily visit cached pages from your Diigo Chrome extension (other extensions and Diigolet to follow.) So when you browse to a webpage you bookmarked before, you will see a link to “Cached Versions” on the extension. This can be a lifesaver if the page is not available for whatever reason.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!